Here are the steps to install IIS Management Console as a prerequisite to manage IIS servers remotely.
The examples are shown using Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
- Make sure you don’t have any RDP sessions opened during installation otherwise you will see an error.
- Right-click the Windows Start Button, and click on Control Panel.
- Click on Programs.
- Click on Turn Windows features on or off.
- Find and expand Internet Information Services, then Web Management Tools and check on IIS Management Console.Click OK and Close when completed.
- Now go back to Control Panel and change the View by Category to Small icons. And click on Administrative Tools.
- You should see Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager shortcut now.
- Or you can click on Windows Start Button and click on All apps and find Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager under Windows Administrative Tools.
Keep in mind that completing these steps only enables IIS Manager Console manage your local IIS. To also manage IIS servers remotely using this same interface, you still need to install IIS Manager for Remote Administration on your PC.